Californ-I-A


Calvin, Garren, and I were fortunate enough to be able to go to California to visit Cindy and her family this summer!  We had such a great time and have many wonderful memories.  Here are just some of the highlights:

This was Calvin's first plane ride since he was a toddler.  He and Garren were both so excited.

Calvin and Jacob digging in the sand

Audrey, Garren, Josh, and Ally enjoying the cold Pacific waters

We visited a miniature horse farm.  They were so adorable!

I'm pretty sure this is the biggest blackberry in the world!

Calvin loved the fresh fruit feast we got from a roadside stand and ate at a park in Solvang.

We visited Solvang, a Danish village.  I loved seeing the architecture and eating from the bakery but the kids' favorite part was the late night swim at the hotel's pool!

Calvin, Jacob, and Audrey pretending to birds at the Santa Barbara Zoo

their favorite animal, the giraffe

Josh, Allyson, and Garren "sledding" on cardboard boxes at the zoo
 

me, overcoming my fear of birds to feed these ferocious eaters
 
I'm submitting this to America's Funniest Home Videos!

2 comments:

MM said...

Jake can't stop laughing at the sounds you made while the ostriches were eating :) Can't wait for your next trip!!

MM said...

Actually, was that you squawking or the birds ?!